Cristiano Ronaldo Hints This Could Be His Final Season

“This is probably my last year of football,” Ronaldo said

ISLAMABAD: (Sports Desk) – Cristiano Ronaldo has suggested that the current year could be his final season as a professional footballer, with the Portuguese superstar saying he wants to leave behind a “spectacular legacy.”

The 41-year-old, who has scored more than 950 goals for club and country, made the comments in an interview with Vogue published on Sunday. Ronaldo has previously hinted that retirement could come within the next one or two years.

“This is probably my last year of football,” Ronaldo said, adding that his life after the sport is already planned out.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner said he has several interests that could keep him occupied after retirement, including travelling and playing padel. He acknowledged that leaving football could create a significant gap in his life but said he intends to stay active in different ways.

Ronaldo recently married his longtime partner, Georgina Rodriguez, in an intimate ceremony in Cascais, Portugal. Reflecting on his career, he said he wanted to enjoy the rewards of 25 years marked by hard work and sacrifice.

After representing Portugal at the World Cup, Ronaldo is expected to return to Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr for the upcoming Saudi Pro League season.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.