Tehran Confirms Indirect US Contacts Through Islamabad
After we presented the 14-point plan, the American side raised its considerations.
ISLAMABAD: (Web Desk) – Iran on Monday confirmed that indirect talks with the United States are continuing through Pakistan despite Washington publicly rejecting Tehran’s proposed 14-point framework aimed at easing tensions and reviving diplomacy.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei, speaking during a weekly media briefing, said Tehran had presented a 14-point proposal to Washington, after which the US conveyed its concerns and revised viewpoints through Pakistani mediation.
According to Iran’s official news agency IRNA, Baqaei said both sides were continuing diplomatic exchanges through backchannels facilitated by Pakistan.
“After we presented the 14-point plan, the American side raised its considerations. In return, we also presented our considerations,” he said.
He added that despite public statements from US officials rejecting the proposal, Washington later sent revised points and additional considerations through Pakistan.
“Last week, despite the American side publicly announcing that this plan was rejected, we received through the Pakistani mediator a set of revised points and considerations reflecting their views,” Baqaei stated.
The Iranian spokesperson said Tehran had reviewed the latest proposals and conveyed its response back to the US through the same diplomatic channel.
“Therefore, the process is continuing through Pakistan,” he added.
Diplomatic sources say Pakistan has intensified efforts to facilitate further dialogue between Tehran and Washington following recent tensions in the Gulf region.
US sets five strict conditions for Iran peace talks
Pakistan has increasingly emerged as an important intermediary in regional diplomacy due to its relations with both Iran and the United States, while also engaging with Gulf countries and China to help maintain regional stability.ISLAMABAD: Iran on Monday confirmed that indirect talks with the United States are continuing through Pakistan despite Washington publicly rejecting Tehran’s proposed 14-point framework aimed at easing tensions and reviving diplomacy.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei, speaking during a weekly media briefing, said Tehran had presented a 14-point proposal to Washington, after which the US conveyed its concerns and revised viewpoints through Pakistani mediation.
According to Iran’s official news agency IRNA, Baqaei said both sides were continuing diplomatic exchanges through backchannels facilitated by Pakistan.
“After we presented the 14-point plan, the American side raised its considerations. In return, we also presented our considerations,” he said.
He added that despite public statements from US officials rejecting the proposal, Washington later sent revised points and additional considerations through Pakistan.
“Last week, despite the American side publicly announcing that this plan was rejected, we received through the Pakistani mediator a set of revised points and considerations reflecting their views,” Baqaei stated.
The Iranian spokesperson said Tehran had reviewed the latest proposals and conveyed its response back to the US through the same diplomatic channel.
“Therefore, the process is continuing through Pakistan,” he added.
Diplomatic sources say Pakistan has intensified efforts to facilitate further dialogue between Tehran and Washington following recent tensions in the Gulf region.
Pakistan has increasingly emerged as an important intermediary in regional diplomacy due to its relations with both Iran and the United States, while also engaging with Gulf countries and China to help maintain regional stability.


Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.