Neymar Returns To Brazil World Cup Squad Dramatically
Neymar Earns Brazil Recall After Nearly Three Years Away From Squad
Brasília: (Web Desk) – Brazilian superstar Neymar made a stunning return to Brazil’s national team on Monday after being included in the country’s 26-man squad for the upcoming FIFA World Cup.
Brazil head coach Carlo Ancelotti announced the squad during a gala event in Rio de Janeiro where Neymar’s selection received massive applause from fans and attendees.
The 34-year-old forward had been absent from international football for nearly three years after suffering a serious knee injury during a World Cup qualifier against Uruguay in 2023. Since then injuries and inconsistent form kept him away from the national team setup.
Neymar who recently returned to his boyhood club Santos FC in January following a difficult spell in Saudi Arabia has now regained fitness and convinced Ancelotti of his readiness for international duty.
“We monitored Neymar throughout the year and observed that recently he has been playing regularly and his physical condition has improved. We believe he remains an important player for the team,” Ancelotti said.
Despite injury problems limiting him to only 15 appearances in 31 matches since returning to Santos Neymar’s experience and attacking quality earned him a place in Brazil’s World Cup squad.
Iran Begins Turkey Camp Ahead Of FIFA World Cup
Brazil will begin their FIFA World Cup campaign in the United States Canada and Mexico against Morocco on June 13 before facing Haiti and Scotland in Group C.
Neymar joins a dangerous attacking lineup featuring Raphinha of FC Barcelona and Vinicius Junior from Real Madrid CF.
Ancelotti also stated that resilience rather than perfection would determine the next world champion.
“The World Cup will not be won by a perfect team because a perfect team does not exist. It will be won by the most resilient side,” he said.


Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.