Mastung Khad Kocha Blast Kills Six, Injures Three Today

Orchard explosion in Balochistan leaves labourers dead, injured

Mastung – (Staff Reporter/Web Desk) – The Mastung Khad Kocha blast has left at least six people dead and three others hurt, police confirmed on Friday. The explosion struck an orchard in the Khad Kocha area of Balochistan’s Mastung district.

DSP Rafiq Hamza told reporters that the blast happened while laborers were working in the orchard. Most of the victims were farm workers caught in the sudden explosion.

Police rushed to the scene soon after the blast. They quickly sealed off the area to keep bystanders safe and protect evidence.

The injured were rushed to Ghaus Bakhsh Raisani Hospital for treatment. The bodies of those killed were also taken there, officials said.

A bomb disposal team has now reached the site. Experts are working to figure out exactly what caused the blast.

So far, no group has claimed responsibility. Officials say the true nature of the explosion is still being checked.

This isn’t the first attack in the area this month. Just days earlier, a roadside bomb killed two people and hurt two more in Quetta’s Hanna Urak area.

Balochistan has seen a sharp rise in violence in recent years. Along with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, it remains one of Pakistan’s most troubled regions.

A recent report by the Centre for Research and Security Studies found that these two provinces alone made up nearly 96 percent of all violence-related deaths in the second quarter of 2026. KP recorded the highest toll, followed closely by Balochistan.

Security forces have stepped up their response through Operation Rad-ul-Fitna-3. The mission targets militant hideouts across Balochistan using focused, intelligence-based raids.

For now, families in Khad Kocha are left grieving another sudden loss. Locals hope investigators can soon determine who was behind the attack.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.