No Deal with Imran Khan, Says Rana Sanaullah

Senior govt official calls upon PTI to agree to what he called a “Charter of Stability for Pakistan”

Islamabad-(Mudassar Iqbal)-Web Desk)-Adviser to the Prime Minister on Political Affairs Rana Sanaullah Khan has firmly rejected any possibility of a deal between the government and PTI founder Imran Khan, stating that no agreement has been made and none is under consideration. His remarks came shortly after Federal Information Minister Attaullah Tarar also dismissed media speculation about a backdoor arrangement with the jailed former premier.

The senior PML-N leader further clarified that the establishment neither proposed nor intends to propose any deal. He said the government’s position remains transparent, urging PTI to engage in dialogue under what he termed a “Charter of Stability for Pakistan” to strengthen the country through consensus.

Sanaullah revealed that a “serious engagement” took place on November 24 involving Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi and PTI leaders including Asad Qaiser and Amir Dogar. However, the talks failed to produce progress as Imran Khan declined to accept the proposed framework. Criticising the PTI founder’s approach, he described it as rigid and impractical, adding that the conditions set for negotiations were unacceptable to the government.

Pakistan Wins Global Praise: Trump Commends PM Shahbaz and Army Chief

He reiterated that a sincere apology for the May 9 events remains a primary prerequisite, a point previously underscored by the Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations. “The first and foremost requirement for dialogue is a sincere apology for the 9 May incidents,” he said.

Rana Sanaullah said he heard from those privy to the developments that Imran first agreed to apologise over the May 9 incidents.

The former interior minister also rejected suggestions that Mahmood Khan Achakzai and Raja Nasir Abbas had been formally authorised to negotiate on behalf of the PTI founder. He revealed that when Achakzai was asked to hold discussions, he replied that he would first need to seek permission from the PTI founder, a response Sanaullah labelled as “meaningless”.

He also pointed out that Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had extended offers for dialogue on three separate occasions.

Responding a question in connection with a statement from Aleema Khan, sister of the PTI founder, the PML-N stalwart assured that the best possible medical treatment is being provided to the incarcerated leader.

The PTI founder was receiving proper medical care, he said, adding the jailed leader could be be moved to the Shifa International Hospital or any other suitable medical facility, if doctors suggested so.

He also asserted that there had been no delay in providing healthcare in the past.

He also downplayed the impact of the PTI’s recently announced “force”, saying the “force” would fail even more miserably than previous sit-ins and wheel-jam strikes.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.