Lahore – Kanwal Khan:
No one will be passed without examinations this year, Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood said on Monday.
In a meeting of the National Command and Operation Centre, he said the government passed students without exams last year but that won’t happen this yar.
“All matric and intermediate exams will be held as per schedule,” the minister said. “We don’t know what the coronavirus situation will be ahead but for now we are determined to take exams for classes nine, 10, 11, and 12.”
Speaking at a press conference at the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry earlier in the day, he said that there’s a huge difference between taking classes online and in person. “Closing schools will be a difficult decision to take.”
The government wants to keep the educational institutions open but the final decision will be taken after a discussion with all provincial ministers on March 24, the minister said.
Talking about a uniform syllabus across the country, he said that the government is working on it. “There were some reservations by Sindh but we are working on them.”